Disclaimer: This blog is written based on our study that has not been accepted by the mainstream yet. It is not intended to replace the advice and consultation with a medical doctor. We invite you to examine the study and discuss it with your doctor before doing anything with it. We claim no financial interest for the potential benefit of the information and assume no responsibility for any adverse results due to improper use of the information.
You Can Beat Coronavirus with These Preventive Measures
(This blog is NOT to promote AllerPops that can NOT treat or prevent airway infection, including COVID-19. We hope this information will help you to get through this pandemic easier. The author is a former medical doctor and a biologist.)
Los Alamos researchers published an article that indicates the novel coronavirus COVID-19 will likely be unstoppable and will eventually become a pandemic. Several other authorities expressed similar opinions. I want to tell you Hakuna Matata and that, with this method below, you can prepare yourself to beat the virus when it comes.
I am not going to tell you how to avoid contamination but how to temporarily increase your immune sensitivity to resist the virus’s invasion and help your body to clear the virus before it causes serious problems.
Before telling you the method, we should review how our immune system works as this is based on my recent study. We will discuss it only briefly. Please refer to this article for detail: https://allerpops.com/oral-probiotic-deficiency-may-cause-common-allergies/。
To explain it with a metaphor, our immune system is like a car with an accelerator to speed it up and brakes to slow it down. Pathogens, as an accelerator, stimulate the immune system so it can protect us from infectious diseases and probiotics (friendly bacteria), act as brakes to slow it down when there is no infection. Like the car, our immune system is designed to be parked most of the time by the brake — our probiotics.
Our immune system operates in the gut (70%), airway (25%) and under our skin. Different probiotics inhabit these biological niches and send signals to pacify our immune system. These interactions are primarily local and limited by space and time. The peace agreement between probiotics and the immune system is the foundation for us to live peacefully in the environment.
The probiotics in our body will be suppressed when we are infected by pathogenic bacteria or viruses. For example, probiotics in the airway do not survive well when our temperature is above the normal body temperature and will be suppressed when we have a fever. Gut probiotics are expelled out through vomit or diarrhea when we have an infection in the gut. When we’re sick our appetite is reduced and we fast, which means the probiotics in the gut are starved.
I believe that’s the real reason we don’t want to eat when we’re ill; it’s a protective mechanism evolved through history.
Equipped with this knowledge, we can design a method to increase local or whole-body immunity when we need it. The guiding principle is to minimize the probiotics at the local level or everywhere as it is necessary.
The preventive measure to COVID-19 can be at the local level targeting only the immune system around the airway:
1. Increase your oral hygiene: Wipe your tongue with a wet washcloth to remove the white/yellow biofilm. Brush teeth and use mouthwash twice a day. Floss every day.
2. Breathe the steam of hot ginger soup (recipe below) and then drink slowly.
3. Keep yourself warm, especially the airway. Wear a scarf. Reduced temperatures in the mouth and airway help probiotics grow and inhibit immunity, which make us more vulnerable to airway infection. This is why people get the cold and the flu in the winter.
4. Exhaustion also reduces immunity. Take enough time to refresh yourself.
Recipe for ginger soup:
· One ounce of fresh ginger.
· Slice ginger into thin pieces.
· Combine 2-3 cups of water and ginger in a pot.
· Quickly heat to a boil.
· Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Self-treatment measures for early upper airway infection: In addition to the above measures, you may mobilize your immune system around the gut to help you to fight the infection when you have early symptoms like cough, fatigue, and a headache. Please see your doctor if you develop symptoms of pneumonia, such as shortness of breath.
1. Liquid fiber-free diet (milk contains fibers): Fiber is the main nutrition for gut probiotics. If you eliminate fiber, everything you eat will be absorbed in the small intestine and leave no nutrition for gut probiotics in the bowel.
2. If you have a fever, do NOT control it too much. Keep your body temperature below 103/104 degrees. I suggest using the physical methods to control body temperature when it is too high, such as wearing less clothing, applying warm water to palms and forehead. Do not use a pain killer except when it cannot be controlled with physical means. You may stop the preventive measures when you have a fever.
3. Keep doing the preventive measure if you do not have a fever.
4. Cleanse your colon with a laxative or stool softener, especially if you have constipation.
These preventive measure might have side effects, such as making the immune system around the airway too sensitive and causing allergies. It may worsen existing allergy symptoms. I do not suggest you use it if you have allergic rhinitis or asthma. But it will help you fight hard against a nasty infection like Coronavirus.
Please do not start the preventive process when your chance of getting an infection is low. The preventive measures should work within a day if not hours. So you do NOT have to do this long before.
Don’t Stress Out About the Death Rate – it may be as low as .4%!
A subset of infected cases tell the fatality rate of COVID-19 for a healthy population is likely less than .4%. There is a total of 1716 healthcare workers infected with 6 fatalities by February 14, 2020. Of course, this is still data from a fluid situation. The death rate is likely going down as new effective treatments come online, such as infusion of plasma from recently recovered patients.
People with a compromised immune system or other diseases or seniors may be more vulnerable. These people should do preventive measures when the virus starts to circulate in their community.
With the better understanding of the virus and more effective treatment, the death rate will be significantly reduced when it hit the US and hopefully in a range close to that of flu. The preventive measures will help you become more fortified to the virus.
Relax, take care of yourself and enjoy the moment. Hakuna Matata.
(Please discuss these measures with your doctor before using it.)